A muzzle designed to be softer, lighter and less confining. The Flexible Filly Grazing Muzzle is well-ventilated and safe, rated to break just before your leather turnout halter. Constructed of a pliable material that reduces the chances of the muzzle getting snagged, it is also soft on equine teeth and lips.
This muzzle is made from one of the most durable polymers on the planet. It is fungal, mold and UV resistant. It has taken years to get the right materials to work this well! It is safe, effective and durable.
What you will need:
We recommend you commit a dedicated well-fitting breakaway turnout halter to your muzzle.
It generally takes about 10 minutes to get everything perfect the first time you install a Flexible Filly Muzzle. Subsequent halters will take about 3 minutes.
How to attach your Flexible Filly Grazing Muzzle:
- Use the enclosed paper ties or a string to discover the best holes to secure your muzzle to your halter. The paper ties are a temporary tool allowing you to easily adjust the fit.
- Two of the “fins” have a triangle cut out. These attach to the square (side) rings on your turnout halter. Three fins will connect to the nose band, one in the center, the other two fall naturally to the sides of center. Three fins will connect to the chin band; one in the center, two naturally to the sides of the center.
- First secure each triangle cut out fin with one of the enclosed low profile cable ties. Do not wrap the fins around the halter, doing so may cause rubs.
- When properly installed, the muzzle should be close to but not touching the nose of the horse. If the muzzle is touching the nose simply make the fins under the chin longer, this will lift the muzzle away from the nose.
- Once you are satisfied you have the correct holes aligned to the halter please remove the paper ties or string and permanently secure the muzzle with the included cable ties.
- After finding the best fit for your horse, simply trim the excess fin material just above the top hole being used. It is fine to wait a day or two to ensure your muzzle is a comfortable distance from your horse’s mouth prior to trimming. The “keeper” on the cable tie are on the outside of the muzzle and the excess is facing down and trimmed close.
If you have fitted the muzzle properly and the muzzle is the correct size it will work famously. If you find there is too much grazing room be sure your fins are snugly secured to your halter. The fins should not move along the nose band. If it does simply pull the cable tie tighter.
Returns and Warranty Information:
Flexible Filly Muzzles come with a full six-month product replacement warranty.
Please follow these directions to qualify for a 30-day product satisfaction refund.
Before you return, please email two photos of your horse wearing the muzzle. One grazing and one not grazing. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org, this way we can make sure it is fitting properly and offer guidance if needed.